- Quality Management ISO 9001
- Environmental Management ISO 14001
- Health and Safety Management ISO 45001
- Information Security Management ISO 27001
- Automotive Management IATF 16949
- Asset Management ISO 55001
- Food Safety Management ISO 22000
- Energy Management ISO 50001
- Aerospace Management AS9100/AS9110/AS9120
- Integrated Management Systems
- About Us
- Contact Us
What is IATF 16949?
IATF 16949:2016 is the International Standard for Automotive Quality Management Systems. IATF 16949 was jointly developed by The International Automotive Task Force (IATF) members and submitted to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) for approval and publication.
The document is a common automotive quality system requirement based on ISO 9001, and customer specific requirements from the automotive sector.
IATF 16949 emphasizes the development of a process oriented quality management system that provides for continual improvement, defect prevention and reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain. The goal is to meet customer requirements efficiently and effectively.
Who are the IATF?
The IATF is a group of automotive manufacturers and their respective trade associations, formed to provide improved quality products to automotive customers worldwide.
All registered organizations are added to the IATF website of recognized organizations, a copy of their certificate information is contained within the site and can be verified at any stage. If you would like to verify an IATF 16949 certificate click here.
Who is it applicable to?
The standard is applicable to any organization that manufactures components, assemblies and parts for supply to the automotive industry. In this context manufacturing is defined as:
The process of making or fabricating production materials, production or service parts, assemblies or heat treatment, welding, painting, plating or other finishing services.
Helps you with
- Process efficiency & effectiveness
- Customer satisfaction
- Continual improvement
- Defect prevention
- Reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain
- Contract to supply
The IATF members:
- BMW Group
- FCA US LLC
- Daimler AG
- FCA Italy Spa
- Ford Motor Company
- General Motors Company
- PSA Group
- Volkswagen AG and the vehicle manufacturers respective trade associations – AIAG (U.S.)
- ANFIA (Italy)
- FIEV (France)
- SMMT (U.K.)
- VDA QMC (Germany).